Vidéo from Guillaume VERGOZ
Automatic application of “DxO Standard” auto-tuning
The “DxO Standard” auto-tuning is applied by default. Settings for all available tools are adjusted judiciously according to the shooting conditions (Optics used, diaphragm, lighting and ISO sensitivity).
DxO PhotoLab offers to get the most out of your photo, especially if the optical module (Camera + Lens) has been calibrated by DxO. Processing photos in raw format is highly recommended.
The functions concerned are activated (white square Windows / Blue square Mac) In addition to the settings appearing in the “Essential tools” palette, with the “DxO Standard” preset, DxO PhotoLab:
|* Adjusts the sharpness of the optics to maximize the sharpness |
* Removes Chromatic Aberrations
* Corrects Vignetting according to the diaphragm used
* Straightens the image according to Lens Distortion
* Protects saturated colors by avoiding solid colors
At the opening DxO already offers a solution relevant to the image.
Find the atmosphere of the image when shooting
DxO PhotoLab provides a global solution to imaging while dealing specifically with the different zones according to their lighting.
The “Essential Tools” palette offers basic tools for developing the photo. Adjustments are needed:
* Either to restore the atmosphere of the shooting that DxO PhotoLab can’t guess.
* Or to personalize your image according to your desire.
The tools in this palette are used from top to bottom.
White Balance: RAS in full summer sun> Original
Exposure compensation: The photo a little under-ex> Go up 0.3 IL
DxO SmartLighting: This exclusive function of DxO PhotoLab analyzes the image (brightness and contrast) in order to balance the overall tone over the entire dynamic range available. SmartLighting uncovers shadows while preserving light areas and recovers details in clipped areas. It is enabled by default with the “Uniform” option.
As the scene is brightly lit, the subject is still too dark.
Spot metering: This option automatically detects faces, but spot metering can be applied to any area of the subject.
– A: Activate the selection tool
– 1: Draw a square on the too dark man> Medium mode
Selective Tone: This function makes it possible to put SmartLighting corrections into perspective in order to find the atmosphere of the scene. The sky lacks density> High Lights -20 The rendering of the stones, black tillite, does not correspond> Black -20
Contrast: The combo (APN + Objective) having been calibrated by DxO, the magic wand of MicroContraste offers 16
Color Accentuation: The very bright afternoon sky lacks saturation > Vibrance +40 This menu, rather than Saturation, is specially designed to act only on the dominant colors of nature, blues and greens.
Noise reduction: It was activated from the start by the DxO Standard autotuning. DxO PhotoLab knowing the camera, the selected sensitivity and the lighting of the scene will automatically apply an optimized noise treatment to the areas requiring it.
Improve the image
Horizon: The image would have more force with the horizontal strike> – A: Launch the “Horizon” tool in the top bar Ignore the bar proposed by default for a more efficient method. – 1: Left Click determines the first point. Maintain support – 2: Slide while holding the button down to the second point – To release
Cropping: By default DxO PhotoLab automatically crops the image.
The image matches the mood of the shot.
Appropriate the image
Blur the foreground too present and unblocking the silhouette of the man reading aid.
|Local Settings: The squares are too sharp> Graduated filter Blur + 8% – Launch the “Local Settings” tool in the top bar – Right Click: Choose the Graduated Filter |
– 1: Left click held on the bottom of the image
– 2: Slide while pressing the button towards the third of the image – Release, Apply a value of Blur + 8% The blur generated is quickly caricature. We must stay on low values. Click and hold the blur adjustment slider and drag it to the right for more precision. The man’s face is in the shadows. > Control point, Exposure + 0.5EV – B Right Click: Choose Control Point – Left click on the man’s face
– 3: Drag to adjust the application diameter of the tool – Release, Apply an Exposure value of +0.5 EV – Close the “Local Settings” tool with the button on the top bar or the “ENTER” key